Tuesday, March 31, 2015

April Running brings May Abs

Team- Coach Mossman here. Are you ready? Are you ready to deflate that spare tire around your waist? Its time to put the brownies down and put on your garmin watch. More running, less running to the kitchen. Its time to stop making excuses to cheat on eating healthy or not put in extra effort into a leg workout. THIS AINT NO GARDEN PARTY!!! Get to it!

OK just doing an impression of me as a coach (can you imagine me being mean to the team?) In all seriousness, April 1 brings a new commitment from JEM- I will be doing 30 minutes of cardio every day in April. Ive been disciplined with working out through lifting weights. Many days I am up at 5 am to workout with Chet, Zack and Heath at Sky South. Its early and it feels like im in a weird dream because its so early. But in any case, I am headed to Las Vegas on May 11th for a work trip. Kelly is joining me for a couple of days so we will hit up the pool at the Wynn on Sunday, the 10th. It would be fun to have a cut physique (vain much?) but seriously, why work so hard if you cant on rare occasions feel like you want to walk around the pool with some confidence! Im near the peak of my personal best for strength, which has been a long but rewarding journey. Cutting fat is the other key thing I have not mastered. So, to help me stay accountable, I signed up for another half marathon on April 11th in Jenks. I get to visit the aquarium as a treat after the race. I will also have to pay a fine if there is a day I miss. I will not miss a day.

April Commitments.....
1) Cardio 30 minutes or more daily
2) No fried foods
3) No dairy (other than greek yogurt)

Im excited for this challenge because I want to develop my "muscle" of self discipline. Saying no to unhealthy choices and yes to the right ones.  So many times I say something or commit then falter. Im doing this people.

Make it a great night!


3 comments:

Lindsey Claire said...

Haha, love the title and the Coach Mossman pep talk! :) I'm joining you in the 30 minutes of cardio each day and doing my own challenge on healthy eating this month!! And I'll definitely come cheer for you at the Aquarium Half as well!!

Make it a great month! ;)

Chet said...

I'm so glad so many folks are getting on board with my April cardio challenge!!!

Lindsey Claire said...

Haha, I have a feeling the "MY" is being emphasized in Chet's comment, but sometimes I read sarcasm into his writing when it's not meant that way. Either way, it's nice that we're all doing it at the same time. :) You guys are awesome!