Monday, October 18, 2010

Oct 18th....

I was reading tonight out of 1 Corinthians and Isaiah, which are a part of a devotional I am reading. A verse that resonated with me was 1 Corinthians 2:9, which is tied with Isaiah 64:4. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."

I read that verse over and over again. It has multiple meanings to me. Heaven, of course, is something we can not even fathom. The beauty and majesty of of what that place will be like is something we can't conceive. But how it really spoke to me was that if we love God, we will get ourselves out of the way and follow his will for our lives. His ways provide a more fulfilling life than what I fuel myself with everyday--temporary things. If we can love God more and more each day, we can take our minds off fleeting earthly joys, and be prepared for the greater things He has in store for me.

2 comments:

LINDSEY CLAIRE said...

Amen!! Good verses. God does have great things planned for us... in heaven and right here.

LINDSEY CLAIRE said...

Hey Jeff! Merry Christmas Eve!! Hope you have a great time with your family, and hope to see you sometime soon!

And just FYI, you should check out the VCGO ElfYourself dance on my blog, to put you in the Christmas spirit! ;)