Thursday, July 18, 2013

Flower Beds and Ann!!!!

             Busy busy busy the past few days. I'm still here and am committed to blogging, so wanted to send out a short update. Last weekend, I helped Chet and Karli with a new flower bed. It was HARD work but the results were worth it. We started at 9:00 AM on Saturday and went to Hardscape Materials to pick up some good stone. We loaded it up and took it back to his house. After removing the manufactured stone and taking out all the black mulch, we slowly laid out two levels of natural stone, giving it a nice curve as we progressed. We took out some grass and extended the bed out to make it one seamless area. We went back and got a load of dirt, took out all the old bushes and built up the area with new dirt. After that, we headed back to Lowes for bushes, flowers and mulch. Did I mention it was near 100 degrees? We finished around 8 pm and were exhausted. We all took a shower after a day's hard work, and it was amazing how much dirt came off of me and into the shower. We all headed up to Pei Wei and got a snow cone because, heck we deserved it. I got home about 10 and slept like I haven't in years. All worth it though. Had some great fellowship with Chet and Karli and was able to make a small difference.

                This week has flown by! I went to Austin from Monday through Wednesday. Best reward was the food! Had Rudys Monday and Chuy's Tuesday night. Amazing! I'm back in Tulsa now and ready for the weekend.

              Today I went to spin class with Chet for his birthday to see our amazing instructor Ann at 5:45 AM. We love Ann. We have an unhealthy obsession with Ann. I kept waking up last night hoping it was time for spin. You see, we used to see Ann 3 times a week for Spin, but Chet got a new work schedule so I was a team player and joined the gym by his work. We both agree we miss Ann terribly! She is like a cat- she makes you work for her affection. She is sassy, a Mid-town snob, and a cunning sense of humor. Chet did not like her the first time we went to her class (shocker!). But, we have more than warmed up to this high-society post-cougar. Most of the times, our adventures on spin bikes involve rescuing lost children or ones that were kidnapped by guerilla gangs. You never know what to expect with the music. She usually yells at me for not trying hard enough (its my long legs....makes it seem like I'm going slower or that's what I'm telling myself). She was so happy to see us today.This was probably one of my favorite mornings of 2013 no doubt! Below is a picture from this morning. Please note we are wearing matching shirts from Chet's bachelor party (yes its a picure of him on the shirt). We both agreed that we will be going to her funeral when she passes away. She is just one of those people you like for a reason you can't quite put your finger on.

Make it a great day!

Jeff


1 comment:

LINDSEY CLAIRE said...

Love the picture, and the whole paragraph about Ann is cracking me up! lol
...Also, I vote you enlarge the font on this post. :)