Saturday, January 16, 2010

2010...




It's been over a year since my last post, but after some encouragement from some of my Irving friends, I have finally made it back to the blog and hope to keep this updated as possible. I spent some time over the Christmas break working on on my 2010 goals/resolutions. I have them posted in my office but thought I would share and update the progress....so in no particular order:

1) Get to 185 lbs- I weighed about 215 poulds last year at this time, and have gotten down to 193.2, so 8 pounds to go. After your mid 20's, it gets harder to keep it off, so I've been trying to eat a lot of sandwiches, and not much fried food. Also, I am off regular cokes...trying to drink unsweet tea as well as water.

2) Eliminate CC debt- my goal is to have this taken care of by Jan 31st. I think I'm going to achieve it by then. I had some various debts from impulse buys, etc, but its going to feel awesome to be cc debt free....never again! Only debit cards...

3) Bearathon- I ran this thing last year at 1:58:02, and my goal this year is to get to 1:45- yes its 13 minutes faster, but I'll also settle for 10 minutes better. I've recently been running at 4 miles in 34 minutes, so as long as I don't die on the Cameron Park hills, maybe its attainable??? I have a couple of friends planning to run as well, which will be nice...its alot better with company.

4) Tithe consistently- I used to be really good at this, and have slacked off for a variety of unacceptable reasons in 2009. The first 10% of my income is the Lord's, and I need to do it with joy, not out of obligation.

5) Make 2010 Quota- made my number in 2009, and trust me, its alot more fun at work when you are making your number, vs. not!

6) Relationship- I would love for this year to be the year....enough said.

7) Become a better friend- Generally, I just wanted to develop the friendships I have and continue to maintain ones that are long-distance. Also, I want to consistently pray for my friends- their specific needs, requests, things going on in their life. I want to bless others more this year.

8) Go to a Baylor Bowl game- hey if you don't write it down, it certainly wont come true. I would love to see Baylor's first bowl since I was in 7th grade.

9) Go on a mission trip- I'd like to get out of my comfort zone and be a part of a mission trip in 2010.

10) Sing in "The Messiah"- Random right? I've wanted to sing in this Christmas presentation for a while. They have some opportunities in Tulsa, so hopefully I will find the time to do it.


Those are my goals- will I accomplish them all? Probably not, but I hope to at least knock out the majority of them. I've found if I write something down as an objective, I'm more likely to get it done. I pray that when 2011 comes, I don't look back on these and me be in exactly the same place I was at the start of the year. What are your 2010 goals.

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's so good to hear from you =-) Those are great goals! I know you can achieve them! You're pretty much unstoppable, ya know...

Jennifer said...

Jeff Moss, you are such a good soul and I miss you SO much. I wish you were still here in Dallas and we still got to see each other. The new days are pretty darn good, but I sure miss the old days.

Your goals sound great and I pray that this year will be YOUR year and that the Lord's favor will be on you...just as it has been so far! I'm glad you're back to blogging. Now I need to jump on the bandwagon and blog again!

Lindsey Claire said...

It really does help to push yourself when you write things down. Hope you're off to a good start so far, and that God continues to bless you through the year!