Sunday, January 17, 2010

Psalm 19:14

"May the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, be pleasing to you. oh Lord, my Rock and Redeemer" -Psalm 19:14.

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. Its really simple, yet its not. Its so hard to constantly tell my flesh to quiet down, and to say, desire, and feel the way God intends for us to. When I think about this verse,"The words of my mouth" part is not as hard for me, as I'm not a person that gets angry very often. I am a pretty laid back guy. I can usually find something nice to say about someone, and try to be positive. But I don't hold a candle to how Jesus can speak to us each day if we let Him. "The meditations of my Heart' is what I struggle with the most. Alot of times I'll mediate on the things of life that don't matter. They are fleeting. Maybe situations don't work out as I think they should, or that girl doesn't like me, or I feel like a friend has wronged me. Or maybe its just a bad attitude, or a grudge that I hold against someone for a really stupid reason- something they probably don't even know bothers me. I've got to remember to just let it go, and rely on the Rock- the true sustainer, one who never disappoints.

There was a song in either high school or college that is basically just this verse in song. Sometimes I'll sing it to close out one of my quiet times with God.

Here is a link to the song...played by Shane & Shane, another favorite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c5aP6PQOSo

Have a great Monday,
Jeff

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love this verse... I think about it often also.

Lindsey Claire said...

Great verse, and song! You're right that it sounds simple, but is hard to really follow through on it.