Thursday, August 26, 2010

25 Things you may or may not know about me

This is a little lighter topic....here are 25 random things about me that you may or may not know.

1) I really enjoy getting my shoes shined at the airport. Kind of feel like a king for about 10 minutes.
2) I love dill pickles at the movies.
3) I have a jealous nature about a lot of things. I fight this battle daily.
4) My favorite fast food place is McAlesters.
5) I grew up wanting and still want to be a weatherman. Was my job at career day in 3rd grade. Brought in a huge National Geographic map and pointer and gave a weather report to the class.
6) I'm a huge Star Wars nerd. I went to all opening nights for the last 3 movies. My brother is just as into Star Wars as me. We are collecting all the vintage Star Wars figures.
7) Built a library in 3rd grade in our garage and had my family come out for the ribbon cutting ceremony. I would sit out there and make my family check out books.
8) I'm a political junkie. I read realclearpolitics.com everyday and track all the polls. On presidental election night in November, my house turns into Election Central, including a large map I print out to color in when states either go for the Republicans or Dems.
9) I love Conan O’brien and excited about his new show this fall.
10) Favorite books of the Bible are Nehemiah and 1 Timothy
11) Don't mind eating or going to a movie by myself. Is that weird?
12) I like to visit movie locations in real life. I've been to many spots of my favorite films, as well as "The Music Man" filming locations.
13) I love traveling. I went to Europe for the first time in 2002 and have been to 9 times. I’m going back in October to visit Spain and Portugal.
14) A pet peeve of mine is when people pop their gum.
15) Had 12 years of perfect attendance in school. Moss kids don't miss school. Even with work, my dad jokes that his happiest day is when all 5 Moss family members are working at the same time.
16) My 5 favorite movies are: "Dirty Rotten Scrondrels", "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", "Return to Me", "Waiting for Guffman" and "Best in Show". "Groundhog Day" is close.
17) I love Baylor football. I would listen to every game on WBAP 820 growing up. There were games I cried at when they lost. I made Baylor shirt one year that I wore around Irving. It was green with gold "puff paint". My dad, grandpa and I went to the John Hancock Bowl in 1992 and saw Grant Teaff’s last game. I took and take a lot of heat for being a Baylor fan.
18) I really like Las Vegas. I’m not a big gambler but love the energy of the city. It never seems to get old. And I especially like staying at the Wynn.
19) I'm a P1. I enjoy listening to 1310 The Ticket and listening to "The Hardline".
20) I think loyalty is one of the best traits a person can have.
21) I'm a routine kind of guy I don't like change.
22) I want to go travel to every major league baseball field.
23) Late night Whataburger taquitos with picante sauce are awesome.
24) I wish I knew how to cook more dishes and have people over alot for dinner.
25) I grew organic vegetables this year for the first time. The tomatoes are the only thing that survived the rabbits and heat, but they turned out really well. I harvested over 120 tomatoes.

4 comments:

Lindsey Claire said...

Great post!
#7 cracks me up!!
I do movies by myself, but not eating... so maybe it's halfway weird. lol
"Moss kids don't miss school" also made me laugh. :)
Totally agree on #20.
And on #18, I hear the air there is intoxicating. :)

Jean Moss said...

I enjoyed and remembered a lot of these! Here are a few more that I remember about you!
26. Loves fresh sliced peaches. You accidentally left the door to the freezer open one summer and all the bags of peaches were ruined. (I didn't tell you about that for a long, long time.)
27. Favorite pies are pecan and pumpkin. Likes G'Ma's cheesecake too.
28. You enjoyed coming to Carlsbad & celebrating "Brothers' Day" at Willow Lake. We had sack races and lots of contests with prizes for everyone.
29. Loves to hike the hills and mountains near Carlsbad, NM

Jay said...

Ok so I knew 24/25...not bad! The only one I didn't know is probably b/c Mossman was too nice to tell me that popping gum bothers him!

Kim said...

I love this post =-) Makes me miss you. You are one of my favorite people.

And I LOVE movie pickles! And going to the movies by myself...