Thursday, August 12, 2010

Washington DC

I'm back from D.C. and I had a great time. Its fun to travel, but really fun when your company pays for you to. I just hosted a couple of customers up in Gaithersburg, MD for an IBM storage conference. We got to eat at two really nice places- Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Bethesda, as well as Old Ebbitts Grill across from the White House. I also got to eat at Boston Market a couple of times. We had them in Dallas, and were a favorite of mine, but in Tulsa, they do not get to experience it. In addition to host, I got to put on my tour guide hat and take the guys around to several monuments and museums around DC. We saw the Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial, White House, National Archives, and a night tour of the Jeffreson Memorial (extra beautiful at night). DC always seems to be buzzing- lots of young people around playing softball and kickball on the mall. The last night, I saw a concert from the US Marine Corps Band on the Capital grounds. I also ran from the capital to the Lincoln Memorial and back, which provided great views the entire run. My job can be stressful, but its times like this that I really do enjoy my job. It was good to get back to Tulsa this evening, but had a great few days up on the east coast.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds fun, Jeff! The most exciting place I get to go for my job is the capitol of the Republic of Texas. Which is pretty much equal to DC in all respects. ;-) Glad you had a good time!

Kim said...

How fun! I LOVED our New Hope trip to DC. What an amazing city.

I had no idea you don't have Boston Market in Tulsa. That makes me sad!