Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tracking my Goals....

At the first of the year, I put together my 2010 resolutions. Now if you are like me, you know that many times, this infamous list is put together with good intentions, but for some reason gets forgotten about around March. Well, I kept it this year to help keep me accountable, and the results right now show some good progress, along with some "incompletes" as well as some failures. Who's perfect anyway right? I will highlight from each category: The good news: I achieved the 185 lbs. Actually, yesterday I weighed myself and I was 182.8. Early last year, I was 220 lbs. Being 6'4", there's alot of places to put that weight. I just wanted to trim up. I almost completely gave up cokes, switching over to unsweet tea (thanks Mcalisters!) as well as running. Also, I have really tried to not eat as much fast food, but when your car starts pulling over to the local Taco Bueno at 11:30 at night, some things just can't be helped. I am giving myself an "incomplete" for "Run Bearathon". This had nothing to do with me. I trained for a good 5 months for the Bearathon, which is a half marathon, down in Waco. Got all trained, drove down there, ate my card-loading pre-meal run, stretched, got my runner's chip, and then one little bolt of lightening and "RACE IS CANCELLED". Some people were very upset at the race. I was secretly ok with it since I would have been extremely cold and wet for 13.1 miles, but registered a few sad, spiteful looks to fit in. Good news is I got to see Wes Cash and Seth McCall, who I rarely get a chance to see but a couple times a year. On a sidenote, I did eat very well that weekend (Viteks BBQ, Rudy's BBQ, Chuys, I Fratelli Pizza, etc). Jay did go down there with me, which made for a fun roadtrip. That's probably why we ate so well! Finally, I have failed so far this year in "go on mission trip". I have supported several people going on trips, but one just not has come up yet where I have attended. I know God will provide that calling for me, but as of yet, haven't seen the opportuniy. I get really comfortable here in the states with all the luxuries we have. I think the opportunity to serve overseas would allow me to really appreciate all that I have. Make it a great day!

No comments: