Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rebalancing

I decided recently to consistently be reading in the Word daily each morning, along with memorizing a Bible verse each day. I have completed Day 3 today, and am excited about developing a habit of starting each day the right way. I just finished 2 Timothy this morning- such an encouraging book. The verses I memorized were 2 Timothy 1:7, 2:16, and 3:20. 2:16 says "avoid godless chatter, for those who take part will become more and more ungodly". I'm guilty of this alot. Lord today help me speak encouragement and praise over slander and gossip. Anyway, it was a great first book to get me reading and praying consistently.

2 comments:

Lindsey Claire said...

Jeff, glad you're back to blogging. :) Great verse!!

Kim said...

Second Timmy =-)

A verse a day is awesome! Good for you!